The latest update of the AMD OpenCL GPU miner lolMiner 0.9.7 brings nice performance boost for the Cuckatoo 32 algorithm for GRIN s well as a GRIN Auto profit switching functionality on some pools (2Miners, BTC.com, F2Pool and Grinmint). Windows users can expect to get 15-18% performance boost for GRIN-C32 on AMD Navi cards and Linux users can expect to get 15-18% boost for GRIN-C32 performance on AMD Vega, VII and Navi cards. AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GPUs are also supported forC32, however performance is nothing to brag about at just about 0.13 G/s on Windows currently. lolMiner was the first AMD GPU miner for 8GB cards with experimental support for C32 and each new version has been improving stability and performance.
Expected Performance for Grin C32:
- Card - Windows - Linux
- Radeon VII: 0.65 g/s - 0.77 g/s
- Vega 64: 0.42 g/s - 0.49 g/s
- Vega 56: 0.36 g/s - 0.42 g/s
- RX 5700: 0.4 g/s - 0.4 g/s
The primary Grin proof of work Cuckatoo 31+ is designed in a way that the original instance – Cuckatoo-31 – will fade out beginning mid January 2020, which means its difficulty will increase slowly over a period of 31 weeks until it gets impossible to mine a C31 block on the chain. But as by design also more difficult instances of Cuckatoo, namely Cuckatoo-32 … Cuckatoo-63 are implemented on the chain that also can make blocks. The difficulties of this higher instances will remain stable, such that at some point it will be more profitable to mine Cuckatoo-32 instead of Cuckatoo-31 (likely from mid of February).
We remind you that lolMiner is a closed source OpenCL GPU miner available for Windows and Linux as pre-compiled binaries only and that there is a 1% developer fee for using the software for all supported algorithms. The miner should work on Nvidia GPUs with OpenCL, however stability and performance could be far from optimal, so it is best for use with AMD GPUs.
Other Similar Publications:
- In: Mining Software
- Tags: AMD beam miner, AMD Equihash 150-5 miner, AMD NiceHash Beam, AMD NiceHash Beam miner, AMD NiceHash Beam support, Beam miner, Cuckatoo 31, Cuckatoo 31 AMD miner, Cuckatoo 31 miner, Cuckatoo 31 OpenCL miner, Cuckatoo 32, Equihash 150-5, Grin, Grin AMD miner, Grin OpenCL miner, GRIN-C32, lolMiner 0.9.7, lolMiner 0.9.7 AMD GPU miner, lolMiner 0.9.7 AMD miner, OpenCL Beam miner, OpenCL Equihash 150-5 miner